Get your home packed up and moved a far easier experience by following some of steps provided below. The Bryce Hansen Team is here to advise you and help make your Comox Valley move as stress-free as possible.
Remember to ask us about using our moving trailer!
Hiring professional movers?
- Will they do the packing for you?
- If so, do they provide insurance for your valuables?
- Do they charge a flat rate or an hourly fee? What does that rate include?
- Are you protected against liability?
DIY Moving with help of friends/family
- Book your rental truck far in advance, and ensure it's going to be big enough - ideally, you'd like to save as many trips as possible.
- Will you need to provide your own moving pads, packing boxes and dollies?
Take this opportunity to declutter by holding a garage sale, selling gently used items on eBay, or giving them away to local charities. Organize everything else as best you can for ease of packing.
Give yourself several weeks to pack. Label each box with its corresponding room, and keep fragile items safe with newspaper and bubble wrap. Move fragile items separately and ensure they are labelled as such. We suggest packing a few 'survival' boxes of the 'must-haves' once you arrive in your new home.
As you pack the truck/trailer, ensure the items you will need immediately are packed last - so you can access them easier.
- Contact your Postal Service and file a change of address, as well as your other monthly bills, banking institutions, medical, ect.
- Locate grocery, gas stations, and nearby hospitals close to your moving destination before you move.
- Avoid citations and fines if you have a recreational vehicle, boat or trailer that you will be storing on your new property by researching city ordinances beforehand to avoid citations and fines.
Remember that we're here to help you - every step of the way! Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Moving and packing are two things we are very familiar with!